In this episode, I talk to Douglas Teiger, FAIA, a highly experienced AEC professional with over 40 years in the field, about how civil engineers can achieve a healthier work-life balance and maintain their well-being while navigating the demands of the engineering industry.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Douglas:
- Could you provide an overview of spiritual psychology for our listeners who may be curious about the subject?
- In the demanding context of the AE industry, how would you define work-life balance?
- Can you share your approach to achieving a healthy balance between your professional commitments and personal well-being?
- How can the establishment of habits, rules, and guidelines for work-life balance, implemented at both individual and organizational levels, contribute to a more balanced and sustainable approach to work?
- What strategies or approaches would you recommend to working professionals in the AE industry, who face demanding project deadlines and client demands, to maintain a healthy work-life balance?
- As a mentor in the industry, what strategies, tips, or practices do you emphasize to professionals to cultivate a healthy work-life balance and integrate it into their career development?
- Can work-life balance and professional success coexist in the engineering industry, despite the misconception that prioritizing personal well-being hinders career advancement?
- What tools, technologies, and time management techniques would you recommend to engineering professionals to optimize their work processes and create a better work-life balance?
- What practical steps and mindset shifts can engineers implement to achieve a more fulfilling and sustainable long-term career while striving for a better work-life balance?