In this episode, we talk to Nazek Naja, a graduate student and research assistant at The University of Texas at Austin who shares her insights on how she developed her career as a geotechnical engineer, starting from her studies. She also provides valuable tips for aspiring engineering students to enhance their job prospects.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Nazek
- What is your current field of study at The University of Texas?
- What inspired you to pursue a career in Geotechnical Engineering, and why do you believe it is important to explore during undergraduate studies?
- What is it like to study Geotech in today’s era, and do you think it poses more challenges compared to two decades ago?
- As the president of the Geo-Institute Student Chapter at UT Austin, could you elaborate on your responsibilities and how your involvement in the organization has contributed to your studies and career aspirations?
- In your opinion, what are some effective ways for engineering students to maximize the benefits of professional organizations?
- What steps can geotechnical engineering students take before graduation to increase their job prospects?
- What final advice would you like to offer aspiring geotechnical engineering students?