In this episode of The Structural Engineering Channel Podcast, we talk to Drew Dudley, P.E., SE, Vice President at Dudley Dunham Engineering and a lecturer at Texas A&M University, about the state of structural engineering and higher education.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Drew in This Episode:
- The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) formed a committee for the reform of structural engineering education. What is it and what is it focused on?
- Are there any measures or actions that the committee is taking to change the masters course to a more practical course, rather than a research course?
- Do you think that the 20-year plan is on track, as it is already 40% into the duration of the plan?
- Is it better to do a co-op with one company or multiple internships with several companies?
- Do you have any tips for students who are looking for co-ops or internships?