In this episode, I talk with James Chambers, director of global industry development at Nemetschek, about digital transformation in construction. He delves into the adoption of digital technology and software tools, explore the reasons behind increasing technology investments, and also share some great tips for introducing and utilizing digital tools at your firm.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask James:
- How has the construction industry used digital technology in the past, and how do you think this is changing now?
- What are some reasons you think have led to the noticeable rise in technology investments in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) sectors over the past few years?
- What are some common misconceptions or fears that industry veterans have about embracing digital tools, and what can be done to ease these concerns?
- What are the benefits of the digital transformation in construction methods in terms of documentation, regardless of the scale of the business?
- What key strategies or factors should companies consider when transitioning to new software or digital programs?
- What happens when you invest in software without planning and later discover it doesn’t fully meet your needs when there might have been a better alternative?
- What tools would you recommend for companies that want to improve their digital strategy?
- How can companies make sure they implement technology effectively, whether it’s for communication or documentation, by having a solid plan in place for maximum benefits?
- Can you give examples of companies or organizations that successfully transitioned to new processes, considering the challenges they encountered along the way?
- How do you think the construction software industry is changing with the integration of AI and ML tools?