In this episode, I talk to James Houston, P.E., PMP, CCM, Assistant Vice President at WSP USA, about five key lessons he learned as a professional project manager. He also touches on CCM, P.E., and PMP certification.
***You can view the video version of this episode here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask James:
- What key lesson did you learn as a professional project manager about communication?
- How can getting to know your team help you as a project manager?
- Why is it important to understand your stakeholders?
- Why is it important to adapt to change in the workplace?
- Why do you believe that to be a good project manager, you need to know what you don’t know?
- How have your P.E., PMP, and CCM licenses helped you to grow in your engineering career?
- Are there any other points that you would like to make about project management in the civil engineering industry?