In this episode, I talk with Philippa Jefferis, a sustainability controller at BAM UK and Ireland, about sustainable engineering, the global impact of engineering, and the crucial local impacts that engineers can have.
***The video version on this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Philippa:
- What is the significance of sustainable engineering for future development and why is it crucial?
- How do engineers effectively balance the intricate trade-offs among environmental, social, and economic considerations in project planning?
- In what ways can engineers actively contribute to both global sustainability objectives and create a meaningful local impact?
- What advice do you have for aspiring engineers seeking to make a positive impact on sustainability in their careers?
- What innovative engineering technologies or approaches hold promise in advancing sustainability?
- Could you provide an example of a project in which you effectively balanced local considerations with global sustainability objectives?
- Can you recommend resources or organizations for people interested in learning more about sustainability, sustainable engineering, and their integration into engineering practices?
- What guidance can you offer to women aspiring to become engineers as they navigate the challenges and opportunities in their careers?