In this episode, I talk with Pedro Constanzo, PE, Vice President at Burns & McDonnell, about his expertise related to project management in engineering, infrastructure design, and specifically military base development.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Pedro:
- How can stress be managed in multidisciplinary projects while ensuring project success and maintaining motivation, while also managing the stress of team members, both visible and invisible?
- In your experience with military design, including facilities, infrastructure, and weapon systems, what key challenges have you encountered, and how did you overcome them in these respective fields?
- In the rapidly evolving landscape of technology and AI, can you talk about the latest trends or innovations in military-based development and infrastructure?
- Do you have a preferred brand for the equipment you use, like the Apple goggles seen on YouTube, or are there specific household brands or names you typically rely on?
- As a project manager, can you delve into the habits and techniques you incorporate into your project management approach, including any practices you pass on to your team members?
- Can you share brief insights on how you effectively communicate and encourage collaboration within your team?
- How do you keep up with new technologies in your industry and decide which ones are beneficial for your projects and team?
- Reflecting on your journey as a project manager, what advice would you give your younger self when starting in this role?
- What advice do you have for aspiring engineers or project managers looking to pursue a career like yours and enter the space you’re currently in?