In this episode, I talk to Jamie Graham, P.E., PTOE, Traffic and Transportation Department Manager at Carroll Engineering Corporation, about project development plans and how they can set your projects up for success. Jamie also talks about the skills he looks for in project engineers when he is building a team.
How to Communicate Effectively on Civil Engineering Projects
In episode 074 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Steve Soldati, PE about how to communicate effectively on civil engineering projects.
Here are some of the questions I ask Steve about communicating effectively on civil engineering projects :
- Why is communication important for engineering professionals?
- What are some things you have done to improve your skills?
- Are there any tools that you use or recommend to improve/streamline communications?
- Can you give examples of positive/negative communication instances in your career?
- Talk about team communication early in project development.
- Tell us about conflict resolution within a team.