In this episode of The Structural Engineering Podcast, we talk to Annie Kao, PE, Vice President of Engineering at Simpson Strong-Tie about innovation and product testing in engineering and why seismic retrofitting is so important in structural engineering.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Annie in This Episode:
- What would you say makes a good engineering leader?
- What is your involvement in the research and development sector of Simpson Strong-Tie?
- You are also responsible for innovation across all product lines at Simpson Strong-Tie. What does that entail?
- Can you tell us more about the product testing and training that is done at Simpson?
- What are some of the latest advancements in construction technology that have a direct impact on the structural engineering industry?
- Why is seismic retrofitting important in structural engineering?
- What advice can you give young students out there that might consider pursuing a career in the engineering industry?