In this episode, I talk to Ryan Walter, CPC, P.E., senior civil engineer at Woolpert, and author of the book called “The YOU Project: Your Personal Guide to Self-Mastery at Work,” about a framework that you can use to help navigate your unique challenges at work and survive the difficult seasons of work.
***You can view the video version of this podcast episode on YouTube here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Ryan:
- Why had you decided to write a book?
- Can you talk about the first part “Embracing YOU”?
- Why is overcoming relationship challenges, which is the second part of your book, important for engineers, and what steps can help engineers function well with any type of manager?
- The third part is about reframing your lens. What is that all about?
- The fourth part of your book is called: “Conquering Overwhelm.” What tips can you give the listeners to help when they are feeling overwhelmed?
- The last part of your book is called “Remaining Hopeful.” How can engineering professionals remain hopeful in their careers?
- What final advice can you give civil engineers to grow their careers?