In this episode, we talk with Arda Ozum, P.Eng., a structural engineer and founder of Acius Engineering about some of the challenges faced with wet-set anchor bolts and concrete foundations and how you can overcome it. Arda also talks about the hurdles he encountered as an entrepreneur while launching a patented product and provides great advice on how you can successfully bring your product ideas to market.
***You can view the video version of this episode here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Arda:
- What are the challenges with wet-set anchor bolts and concrete foundations?
- How did the challenges you encountered in different projects inspire the creation of BoltRail?
- What specifically motivated you to fully commit to addressing the challenges associated with wet-set anchor bolts and pursuing the development of BoltRail?
- What is BoltRail? How does it address the challenges you observed with wet-set anchor bolts and how does it work in effectively resolving these issues?
- When pouring concrete and setting anchor bolts, is it common practice to use multiple bolts on a job and then reuse them for subsequent projects after they are removed?
- Is it possible to avoid the need for extensive post-pour fixes by ensuring that the back-end is poured correctly initially?
- What were the major challenges you encountered as an entrepreneur when launching a product like BoltRail?
- What advice do you have for someone with a great product idea but unsure of how to proceed?
- What valuable lessons did you learn as an entrepreneur that you believe could benefit others?
- What advice would you give to someone with an engineering background who wants to pursue a career in entrepreneurship or start their own business?