In this episode of The Engineering Quality Control podcast, we talk to Jason McCool, P.E., licensed professional engineering and project engineer at Robbins Engineering, PLLC, about the hidden cost of copy and paste and how it can negatively affect your productivity at work.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Wayne:
- For the past several months, you have had articles featured in Structure Magazine that outlined nine things you have noted in your career that could be categorized as a lot of things but many relate specifically to the finished quality of the design drawings. Can you give our listeners an overview of these concepts?
- Jason McCool’s professional career overview
- Reusing past work
- Inapplicable details
- Contradictory specifications
- “Just get something on paper!”
- Incomplete connection information
- Vague drawings
- Misuse of AISC tables
- Uncoordinated details
- What do you think we as engineers need to do to be better to not fall trap to these things?