In this episode, we talk to Michael Hopper, P.E., an Associate Partner at LERA Consulting Structural Engineers, about post-tensioned concrete (PT) structures, what they are, some of the advantages of using post-tensioning, and what he thinks the future holds for PT.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Michael:
- What is post-tensioning, and why is it important?
- What are some of the advantages of using post-tensioning in structures?
- How has PT structure design evolved over the last 10+ years?
- How does a post-tensioned concrete perform in seismic events?
- What are void-formers and when should they be used?
- How has concrete technologies made the construction industry more efficient?
- What trends are driving innovation in construction?
- Is PT concrete environmentally sustainable, and what does the future holds for the PT concrete industry?
- Do you have any advice for engineers considering a career like yours?