In this episode, I talk with consultant and keynote speaker Molly McPherson, M.S., APR. We outline strategies to communicate more confidently and clearly, and we also discuss how you can become more effective on social media, specifically LinkedIn. These two topics can have a massively positive impact on your professional development efforts.
In this episode, I talk with David Kowal, founder, and president of Kowal Communications about improving one’s technical writing skills. David gives five very specific strategies that you can start using immediately to make you a more effective writer and overall communicator as a technical professional.
Here are the key points discussed on improving your technical writing skills:
- We have more ways to communicate than ever before, yet technology has made communication impersonal and often ambiguous.
- We need to focus more on how we communicate, and writing is a big part of that.
- Most communication today is written. By improving your writing skills, you can improve how you communicate through emails, text messages, social media posts, blog posts, reports, memos, articles, white papers, letters, and presentations.
- Improving your technical writing skills can help you manage projects more efficiently, generate more dynamic engineering reports, sell more effectively, be more productive, stand out and advance your career.
Here are five strategies you can use to improve your technical writing skills:
In this episode, Chris Knutson interviews Dave Willenberg who talks about how to enhance both written and spoken technical communication, and shares how he transitioned from engineer to entrepreneur by recognizing and acting on opportunities.
Here are some of the questions Chris asks:
- How did you go from Detroit to Hamburg?
- What was the greatest challenge in transitioning from engineering job into entrepreneurial business?
- What are some big mistakes engineers make with written and verbal communication?
- How can one enhance technical communication skills?
- How did you bridge the cultural divide as you established your company in Germany?
Engineering Success quote:
Here are some key points in this episode: [Read more…] about TCEP 014: Write Winning A/E/C Proposals with Jim Rogers – The Civil Engineering Podcast