In this episode, I talk with Lisa A. DiGerolamo, P.E., a Senior Vice President at Paulus Sokolowski and Sartor, LLC (PS&S), who is known for her outstanding expertise in civil engineering and land development, about her incredible journey navigating the landscape of engineering as a woman, embracing challenges with resilience and wisdom.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Lisa:
- In male-dominated fields, what specific challenges have you faced in your career as a woman, and can you share some of your personal experiences in embracing challenges and overcoming these obstacles?
- What are some advantages of being a woman in engineering?
- Can you share insights about mentors or role models who have had an impact on your career in engineering?
- Have you ever had a mentor who provided advice, but also acted as a sponsor and spoke on your behalf?
- Could you talk about a specific project in your career that you’re proud of and what made it stand out?
- How does your involvement in this project showcase your contributions to the field and highlight the broader impact of women in engineering?
- What can organizations do to make engineering more inclusive and diverse for women?
- Can you share strategies or insights for women aiming to excel in engineering?
- What is your vision for the future of women in engineering?