This is a guest post by Steve Armstrong.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, that’s why you should do different activities that provide opportunities for a positive change. And here is an excellent example to do with your team…
How to use this material and start a positive change:
- Discuss. Remind. Encourage.
- That’s my recommended approach to helping people commit and develop towards positive change.
- I recommend reading and discussing the first three articles with your team and repeat weekly.
- Each can be read in less than three minutes and discussed in 10 to 15 minutes.
How to prepare:
- Share one of the articles with your team and schedule a time for discussion.
- Or share the guide with your department leaders and have them facilitate smaller discussions.
- Ask everyone to read the discussion article.
- Ask them to make notes on anything they find valuable or disagree with. If you prefer, give them some questions about the material for ideas and ask them to provide some advanced thought.
- On your own, read the article, make your notes, and answer the questions you intend to ask or give.
- Give some quick thought to any likely objections or challenges to the material you can anticipate from your group. (Who might ask what and how do you want to respond?)
- Introduce your upcoming discussions in person or by email. Feel free to use the following as a suggested script to edit to fit your style: