Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, we talk to Scott A. Collins, P.E., SE, Principal at Collins Structural Consulting, PLLC, about first- and second-responding structural engineers (STS) and some of the large-scale disaster projects he worked on.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Scott:
- Can you please tell our listeners more about yourself and the work you do?
- What does a first- and second-responding structural engineer (STS) do?
- Are first- and second-responder engineers sourced?
- Can you talk to us about some of the large-scale disaster projects you worked on and what that entailed?
- What are your process and mindset when going into natural disaster areas?
- What safety procedures do you follow when working on these projects?
- Most of your firm’s work is to repair damaged structures. Can you briefly talk to us about how you would assess fire-damaged structures when called out as an STS?
- When repairing buildings, do you update the entire building to the new codes and regulations or only the parts that are being repaired?
- How do you ensure effective team communication when working on projects?
- Do you have any advice for engineers when working on large-scale disaster projects?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About First and Second Responding Structural Engineers: What You Need to Know:
[Read more…] about TSEC 89: First and Second Responding Structural Engineers: What You Need to Know