In this episode, we talk with Seth Scheilz, P.E., a senior geotechnical engineer at Braun Intertec Corporation, about subsurface exploration and advanced in situ testing techniques for engineers meticulously curated to empower and enlighten engineers.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Seth:
- What are your thoughts on the significance of sub-service exploration and advancements in in-situ testing?
- What advice do you have for geotechnical engineers seeking to gain more experience in sub-service exploration and in-situ testing?
- How can geotechnical engineers seamlessly integrate the findings from sub-surface exploration and advanced in-situ testing into their design and analysis procedures?
- What specific challenges or considerations should geotechnical engineers bear in mind when planning and implementing a subsurface exploration program?
- How have your experiences with SPT, torque seismic, CPT, PMT, and other testing techniques influenced and shaped your career as a geotechnical engineer?
- What emerging technologies or methodologies do you think geotechnical engineers should be aware of and explore for their professional growth?
- Have you experienced a case where subsurface exploration or in-situ testing had a significant impact on a project?
- What are effective ways for geotechnical engineers to stay updated on the latest advancements and research in sub-surface exploration and in-situ testing?
- What final advice would you give to aspiring geotechnical engineers aiming to make a meaningful contribution to the field of subsurface exploration and advanced in-situ testing throughout their careers?
- Can you recall a specific instance when sub-surface exploration and advanced in-situ testing had a significant impact on the career trajectory of a geotechnical professional?