Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, we talk to Dirk Bondy, a lecturer at California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo and the University of California, Los Angeles, and co-author of the book “Post-Tensioned Concrete: Principles and Practice”, who shares his insights on using post-tensioned concrete in projects and the importance of foundational knowledge in education.
*** View the video version of the episode here ***
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Dirk:
- Could you explain the concept of post-tensioned concrete?
- You co-authored a book titled “Post-Tensioned Concrete: Principles and Practice.” Could you provide an overview of the book and its practical applications for structural engineers?
- What advantages does post-tensioned concrete offer in engineering projects?
- What motivates you to continue teaching post-tensioned concrete at two universities?
- Is your YouTube channel featuring your lectures still accessible online?
- What is the current status of structural engineering education?
- Do you have any advice for aspiring engineers?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About The Fundamentals of Post-Tensioned Concrete Design and Implementation:
[Read more…] about TSEC 097: The Fundamentals of Post-Tensioned Concrete Design and Implementation