This is a guest blog by Pamela A. Scott
I’m sure it would because being able to write really good emails would make you stand out from the crowd. Most people write emails that are average or below average.
How do you know if your emails are above average, or even really good? Here’s my formula for writing emails that set you apart from the others and endear you to your boss.
Your reader can:
- Read and understand your email the first time through
- Find your main point quickly
- See whether or not he/she needs to take action now, then do so
- Find the details needed to understand your message and act accordingly
- Go on about his/her day without having to ask clarifying questions via another email or phone call