In this episode, we talk to Michelle Kam-Biron, P.E., SE, F. SEAOC, SECB, mass timber specialist at Structurlam, about mass timber in structural engineering and how engineers can become more involved in the industry.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Michelle:
- What does a career in mass timber entail, and what should people considering a career in mass timber know about it?
- What would you say is the secret to being successful in the industry with the rise of mass timber?
- How can engineers become more involved in the industry and support future engineers?
- What are a few innovative projects that you have worked on in the past, and some of the new uses of mass timber in structural engineering?
- What are some of the ways that engineers can gain more information on mass timber?
- Do you have any final advice for structural engineers considering working more with mass timber?