In this episode, I interview and assist spanish speaking engineers as Rener Frank on steps he can take to overcome a big challenge, in order for him to remain motivated in his career. We also discuss one HUGE challenge that he has already overcome.
Engineering Success quotes:
Here are the key points:
- When you start a project on the side, you need a lot of motivation to use your free time to work on your project. Any time you have a side job, it takes a lot of energy to actually do the work.
- One of the ways to keep your motivation going, is to have a strong understanding of why you are doing it. Ask yourself what the reason is you are doing it.
- On a daily basis, think about what you want your result to be.
- Continue to visualize your success, and what it is going to look like for you.
- Do what you are passionate about, but do not think that you can only generate revenue from your own business.
- During the growth period of your business, it is good to think about the different revenue sources that will allow you to continue what you love to do, but also make money in the meantime.
- When you are growing a business or you want to be a leader in a professional field, it is important that you become seen as an expert. That does not necessarily have to be directly related to the number of credentials you have. It all depends on your field of expertise.
- Find the best way to develop your coaching skills and look into building your expertise. Think expertise first and then fill in the blanks.
- Come up with a goal site for your business.
- Think about out what action steps you can take to achieve your goals.
More in this episode…
In the Take Action Today segment of the show, we will give you an 80/20 view that you can apply in your career.
About Rener Frank
Rener Frank is an engineer who likes the technical side of engineering. He also loves to work with people and to help people. When he was 25, he left his job and went to live in Spain to start a new personal and professional adventure in Germany. It was not easy, as he had to learn the language and start a complete new life from zero.
Rener decided to unite both passions (engineering and emotional intelligence) to help other young engineers to achieve their professional goals based on their personal skills and share with them his experiences in Spain and Germany developing his E.I. knowledge.
Rener was born in 1986 and he graduated in Mechanical Engineering by the Polytechnic University of Madrid. He spent 3 years as a project manager for automobile development projects in Spain. He then spent the last 4 years as technical support specialist for a piping software company in Frankfurt, Germany.
He started a website called Ingenieroemocional which is a website for engineers that want to succeed by improving their Emotional Intelligence.
Rener also volunteered in a young hostel based in a German medieval castle.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – John Quincy Adams
Books mentioned in this session include:
Resources and links mentioned in this session include:
This episode is brought to you by PPI, the leader of FE, PE, or SE exam preparations. Use promo code COACH for 20 % discount at PPI2Pass.com/coach.
How can I remain motivated when starting a new Business?
We would love to hear any questions you might have or stories you might share on how you have remained motivated when starting a new Business?
Please leave your comments, feedback or questions in the section below.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
Engineering Management Institute
Author of Engineer Your Own Success