Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, we talk to Kord Wissmann, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, M.ASCE, the president of Geopier Foundations who has had a tremendous impact in the engineering industry, about how he believes geotechnical engineers can and should create value in the industry.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Kord:
- How has having a Ph.D. helped you in your engineering career?
- Why do you think it is important to not only share your successes but also your failures as an engineering leader?
- In a talk you gave at the GEO-PIT in Philadelphia in 2019, called GeoTransformation: Getting It All Back Again, you said: “To battle the forces of commoditization, one must provide services that are differentiated.” What did you mean by that, and how does it relate to geotechnical engineering?
- You are involved in various associations and committees. How has that experience helped grow your engineering career?
- What technical skills do you think geotechnical engineers should master to create value for the industry?
- What do you think the future holds for the geotechnical industry?
- What final piece of advice would you like to give to geotechnical engineers out there?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About How to Truly Create Value as a Geotechnical Engineer:
[Read more…] about TGEP 67: How to Truly Create Value as a Geotechnical Engineer