Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, we speak with Shawna Munn, P.Eng., a senior engineer at Isherwood Geostructural Engineers and a pioneering figure in geotechnical engineering who shares her expertise on tackling difficult problems and discovering innovative solutions, the importance of thinking outside the box, creative strategies for problem-solving, and how geotechnical engineers, especially women, can use emerging technologies to make a meaningful impact in the industry.
***You can view the video version for this episode here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Shawna:
- To address challenging problems in geotechnical engineering, why is thinking outside the box important?
- Can you provide examples of situations where unconventional solutions were necessary and explain the significance of thinking outside the box in these cases?
- What strategies do you use as a geotechnical engineer to find innovative solutions and think creatively outside of conventional approaches?
- Could you describe a geotechnical project you worked on where conventional solutions were not feasible, and how you applied an unconventional approach to finding a solution?
- Emerging technologies have altered the way we tackle complex problems. As a geotechnical engineer, how can you utilize these technologies to approach challenging issues in innovative ways and think outside the box?
- What are some typical obstacles that prevent engineers from thinking creatively, and how can these obstacles be overcome?
- As a woman in geotechnical engineering, how can you use your past successes and failures as a foundation for thinking outside the box and developing innovative solutions for future projects?
- What final advice do you have for women in engineering?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About How Geotechnical Engineers Can Leverage Emerging Technologies and Approach Challenging Problems:
[Read more…] about TGEP 72: How Geotechnical Engineers Can Leverage Emerging Technologies and Approach Challenging Problems