In this episode, we talk with Mohsen Radi, PhD, PE, M.ASCE, a distinguished Civil and Geotechnical Engineer at Marino Engineering Associates, about the dynamic crossroads of earth science, geology, and mechanics in geotechnical engineering.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Mohsen:
- Can you give an overview of the importance of geotechnical engineering in civil engineering?
- What is the most important aspect of geotechnical engineering in civil engineering?
- Can you discuss the crossroads of earth science, geology, and mechanics in geotechnical engineering?
- How do soil and rock mechanics principles shape the design and construction of structures?
- What are some of the challenges that geotechnical engineers face when dealing with different soil and rock properties on a site?
- What are the challenges that geotechnical engineers face in different parts of the world?
- What role do geotechnical engineers play in disaster mitigation?
- What are the specific measures that geotechnical engineers can take to enhance the seismic resilience of structures and foundations?
- What are some recent innovations and emerging trends in geotechnical engineering?
- How are geotechnical engineers using remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and numerical modeling to enhance their methodologies?
- What advice would you give to aspiring geotechnical engineers?