The path to better people skills for your engineering professionals starts here...
Ready for your engineering professionals
to become better managers?
Their technical expertise will only get them so far!
To Become Leaders, They Must Have Management Skills
Engineering Leadership Accelerator -
People Skills Development Course
A Five-Week Online Course to Help Your Team Master the Art of Management
** NEW in 2021 **
Level I for new and aspiring managers &
Level II for experienced managers
If you want your engineering professionals to:
- Improve their communication and management skills, but aren't sure how to proceed,
- Provide structure and accountability to help your engineers grow as leaders regardless of their experience levels, and
- Teach them to start thinking like managers, or for experienced managers learn how to delegate and resolve conflicts,
...Then you're in the right place.
"The Engineering Leadership Accelerator has forced me to consider not only how I can purposefully spend my own time, but also how I can empower others to do their best work. Our group challenge has given me the opportunity to be a leader among my peers and to make an impact on our company beyond my usual realm of influence."
- Forrest Bratton, P.E., SECB, Big Red Dog Engineering | Consulting
Your engineers can build the skills they need to become successful managers...
Most engineering management courses offer webinars or videos that participants do on their own. However, we all know that engineering managers don't work alone.
In just five weeks, the Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Development Course will help your staff:
- Communicate more effectively with individuals and in team settings
- Build relationships that will result in better projects, more productive teams, and more business for your firm
- Present their ideas powerfully in front of an audience of any number of people
- Think creatively in an opportunistic way to help your firm and your clients grow
- Stay as productive and billable as possible while remaining valuable to your firm and customers
- Delegate more effectively using a proven framework
- Resolve conflicts with other team members
- Lead in a way that unites people towards a common goal
...All the skills new managers need to take that next step to engineering management (Level 1), as well as the hard to attain skills experienced managers need, but often lack (Level II).
Our Next Class Is Starting Soon!
This 5-week online course will teach, inspire, push, and connect your professionals to peers and coaches who will help them think like entrepreneurial engineering managers.
Most importantly, they will build confidence and realize that they have the abilities they need to create and present clear ideas that will drive positive change and growth for them personally, your firm, and your clients.
With live skill building sessions and coaching calls, simple on-the-job assignments (done during billable activities), and access to live instructors, the course takes 5 - 10 hours to complete, most of which can be done outside of normal business hours.
Level I is for new and aspiring managers.
Level II is for experienced managers.
See curriculum here for each level.
**Successful completion of the course earns a minimum of 4 PDHs accepted in most US States.
"The Engineering Leadership Accelerator skill building sessions were very well prepared but also allowed for personalized advice. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions and receive thoughtful responses."
- Michelle S. Young, P.E., P.P., C.M.E., Maser Consulting, P.A.
More customized than a book, series of webinars, or a course...
Your staff will experience a real project with real people, and they'll present a solution.
Where the Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Development Course is different is in the transfer assignments that can help them transfer the skills back to the job, and you will get a record of assignment completion as well as interactive skill-building sessions.
Our students have to show up. Period.
The importance of showing up
In a busy project filled world, there are many ways for engineers to hide. Your staff can stay as 'team engineers' or or 'average managers' forever and not take the steps to improve. They can avoid having to do presentations. They can live with the doubt that builds up in their minds around their abilities to lead. They can continue to do tasks instead of delegating them. However, hiding is not going to drive growth or change, in fact, it will do the opposite.
This course will force your managers and soon-to-be managers to think certain ways and to present their ideas to your company, and in the process will gain so much confidence, it will change their careers and your company forever.
A proven way to learn
If you want your engineers to become more effective managers, leaders that lead projects that positively impact our world, you'll need to develop their confidence and their management skills. This intensive course doesn't require any prerequisites, only the desire to show up and do the work in service of making change happen.
Anthony Fasano, PE, lead instructor, has a lot of experience both as an effective engineering manager and a coach who has helped thousands of engineers become leaders. In this course, your staff will learn how to build the confidence and skills they need to transform into a leader that can drive massive growth.
Our Next Class Is Starting Soon!
"Participating in the Engineering Manager Accelerator Program, was highly valuable to me. Every day I review and utilize the tools and information that I received from Anthony's lectures to help me meet my goals of performing as an Engineering Manager. It was time well spent."
- John Dumas, IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC
The curriculum for the Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Development Course is based on feedback from thousands of engineers as well as input from training professionals at some of the fastest growing engineering firms. It contains what we believe to be the most important skills that engineers need to succeed as managers, and all of our skill building sessions offer PDHs that are accepted in most US States (4 minimum for the course depending on the level selected).
There are two levels of the course. Level I is built for soon-to-be and new managers in engineering while Level II provides topics for experienced managers in engineering.
Level I - People Skills for Aspiring and New Managers (5 PDHs)
- Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Building Effective Communication Skills
- How to Build Expertise & Master Public Speaking
- Time Management & Maximizing Productivity
- Networking & Relationship Building
Level II - Experienced Managers (4 PDHs)
- Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Opportunistic Leadership Through Engaging with Your Team Members
- How to Delegate Effectively Utilizing the Laugh Framework
- Conflict Resolution for Engineering Managers
Here’s an outline of how the program works. While we have several coaches and trainers involved in the program, our lead instructor Anthony Fasano, P.E.has not only helped thousands of engineers through his work as an engineering career coach, but he has been an effective engineering manager himself, so he knows what it takes...
- Once registered, enrollees receive a welcome message that will provide a schedule of the skill building sessions (with PDHs).
- Enrollees will also receive calendar invites to all skill-building sessions for them to add to their calendar with the webinar links to join.
- The beginning of the first session includes a short orientation that reviews the session schedule, the coaches, and the technical tools of the program (i.e. webinar system, learning dashboard, etc).
- Following the first session, enrollees are given access to the learning dashboard where they can access the course materials.
- Over the five weeks, participants are given 4 to 5 (depending on Level I or II) live one-hour skill building sessions on the following topics outlined above.
- Participants are asked to complete short assignments for each session online to help transfer the skills back-to-the-job.
- Enrollees may attend a group coaching call at the end of the course for additional Q&A opportunities
- Upon completion of their assignments, each enrollee will receive a certificate of completion which can be sent directly to their supervisor if desired and a digital certification. This is recommended to provide maximum accountability. Should they require PDH credits, they will have to complete the evaluation after the course is finished as required by the PDH provider.
Are you ready to improve your team members’ people skills to help them transition from good to great!
Anthony Fasano, P.E., executive coach and trainer, is our lead instructor and we also have several other coaches and facilitators that are involved in our sessions. A list of trainers for each session may be provided upon request.
Anthony Fasano, P.E.
Erica Lee Garcia, P.Eng.
Communications & Public Speaking
Dax Hoff, P.E.
Networking & Leadership
Pat Sweet, P. Eng.
Engineers from these companies have participated in The Engineering Leadership Accelerator People Skills Development Course
"The Engineering Leadership Accelerator program was a great way to train a group of managers, from different disciplines and office locations, without incurring travel costs. They learned how to collaborate and solve business problems by utilizing technology, which can be a huge benefit in a multi-locational company. Our managers enjoyed the project challenge part of the training because “it was a real life issue that we had to solve” and will take the skills they developed in the workshops and “apply them to their everyday interactions."
– Jessica Viscuso, Director of Learning & Development at Pennoni
"Taking part in ELA was a very valuable experience to me. Initially I was skeptical about signing up for the program because of my busy schedule, but I’m glad I did! Finding a coach with a similar background, who has an understanding of where we (engineers) come from and has knowledge about the industry made the experience truly unique. ELA is well designed to initiate and accelerate management techniques such as team building, decision making, communication and networking skills. We may possess the technical knowledge to grow, but Anthony’s program and tips helps develop the much needed soft skills to become better engineering managers and leaders."
- Mukta Patil, P.E.
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
"ELA has forced me to consider not only how I can purposefully spend my own time, but also how I can empower others to do their best work. Our group challenge has given me the opportunity to be a leader among my peers and to make an impact on our company beyond my usual realm of influence."
– Forrest Bratton, P.E., SECB
Big Red Dog Engineering | Consulting
"Anthony continues to provide value to engineers looking to create a successful career for themselves. With the Engineering Leadership Accelerator, he has taken his commitment to developing professional engineers one step further. This program uniquely engages and challenges every member to become a better engineering manager!"
- Charles Weber, P.E., Burk-Kleinpeter Inc. USA
"I have enjoyed the class thus far and have really enjoyed tackling my company's challenge in a small group setting. Your presentations have given me some new insight on how to assert myself as a leader, and have also confirmed different practices that I have heard others talk about."
- Megan Miller Tetro, P.E., Wantman Group Inc.
"Participating in the Engineering Leadership Accelerator Program, was highly valuable to me. Every day I review and utilize the tools and information that I received from Anthony's lectures to help me meet my goals of performing as an Engineering Manager. It was time well spent."
- John Dumas, MBA, PMP, IPS-Integrated Project Services
"One of my biggest challenges in learning to be an engineering manager has been balancing managing projects versus managing people. The Engineering Leadership Accelerator Course integrates these two subjects elegantly, effectively teaching both essential communication strategies and basic business acumen."
- Stephanie J. Kruep, S.E., P.E., SidePlate Systems, Inc.
"The Engineering Leadership Accelerator provided me with the tools & guidance to facilitate & foster growth of not only myself, but also my team members & peers. ELA also provided me with the resources necessary on how to best apply those facets to not only my professional life, but to also my personal life."
- Chris Lazration, PE, Rodgers Consulting
"When a company prioritizes and makes this course available, Anthony in turn provides a framework for the employee to pause, consider, and bolster their ability to focus on what matters most for productivity and effectiveness. This yields benefit within the company, for clients, and the individual employee's career development in present and future roles. The implementation and follow- through will ultimately be up to the employee and company, but additional tools to succeed are in-place as a result of intentional time with the EMI Team."
- Kevin Waldron, AICP, Jensen Design & Survey, Inc.
"Personally, I am gaining the most from the Project Challenge portion of the course. Presenting this project will help me make great steps in expanding my comfort zone and improving my ability to present effectively internally and externally."
- Elizabeth Kramer, P.E., SidePlate Systems
"I really liked how The Engineering Leadership Accelerator course invites participating companies to provide an issue that can be implemented into a team's project. It allows a young engineer like myself to make a difference within my company."
- Trevor Takamine, Bowers + Kubota Consulting
"The engagement of the instructor (Anthony) was definitely a positive. It's easy to tell that Anthony is interested in the people he is working with, and enthusiastic about encouraging development of positive interpersonal relationships in the engineering world."
- Noel Liner
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
"The ELA course was a valuable program. It expanded my thought process to look at things in a different light. It reinforced the ideals of working together as a team, and had many great points on how to improve my professional network. I would recommend it to any young engineer seeking a management position, and current managers."
- Mark Aylward, Maser Consulting P.A.
"The course helped to enhance both, tangible and intangible skills of an effective manager, but more importantly, an active and productive leader."
- Kate Teruya, Bowers+Kubota Consulting