In this episode, and in honor of Black History Month, I talk with Tiffani Teachey—a seasoned mechanical engineer, TEDx international speaker, acclaimed children’s book author, and the host of the Women in Engineering Success Stories from STEM Professionals Podcast, about key strategies for achieving success as a Black engineer in the AEC industry.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions Asked in This Episode:
- How do certifications, particularly in the AEC industry, contribute to the success of Black engineers, both in general and within the engineering field?
- How has being a part of organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) benefited your career?
- Can you discuss how the Read It Right Radio Show contributes to the success narrative of Black engineers?
- How did your books, “What Can I Be? STEM Careers from A to Z” and the STEM Crew Kids Adventure Series, contribute to celebrating black excellence in STEM, and what inspired you to write them?
- How does being part of organizations like ASCE shape engineers’ careers?
- How has traveling and volunteering influenced your career success by broadening your experience and perspective?