Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, which is the first episode in our new Civil Engineering Entrepreneurs series, I talk to Gordon Greene, P.E., of Patel, Greene & Associates about how to effectively measure business growth and the use of standing operating procedures in the business world.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Gordon:
- Why is it important for a company to have a vision or mission statement?
- How do you ensure that the everyday tasks or actions that your people are taking are contributing toward the overall vision?
- What is your philosophy around meetings?
- Does every person in your company have a goal or goals that they are working toward, and are these goals aligned with the vision of the company?
- Are there specific metrics, indicators, or numbers that you use to effectively measure business growth at your company?
- How often do you monitor those metrics and what tools do you use to monitor them?
- What have you found to be the most important indicator in the terms of the health of your civil engineering firm?
- Are the people who work in the company held accountable through key performance indicators and other metrics?
- Does your company emphasize capturing core processes that can be practiced consistently throughout the company?
- As a leader, how do you ensure these processes are captured and practiced consistently across the company and that they are followed by all the employees?
- As the company grows, should you consider stepping away from the project work?
Here Are Some Key Points Discussed in This Episode About Measuring Business Growth:
[Read more…] about TCEP 164: How to Effectively Measure Business Growth in Your Civil Engineering Firm