Civil Engineering Career Navigation Advice from a Young Engineering Manager
In episode 073 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Shaun McGrath, P.E., CCM, a successful young division leader at a successful civil engineering company about career navigation through the early portions of your engineering career.
Here are some of the questions I ask Shaun:
- Talk about internships and how they have helped you.
- Tell us about the importance of different civil engineering career paths.
- Talk about stumbling blocks and learning from them.
- Is there a specific experience that you can recall that you learned something valuable from?
- Tell us about the importance of finding a mentor.
- Tell me more about networking.