In episode 126 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I will be talking with Dax Hoff, PE who is the founder and owner of Dax Consulting. Dax outlines the process of starting a civil engineering firm and also covers some of the aspects of building an engineering business including finding new business and hiring the right people.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Dax:
- Tell us about your background and career journey and how you got to where you are today.
- Take us through your thought process of deciding on starting a civil engineering firm.
- Did you always feel that you wanted to become a business owner?
- What are some of the benefits to starting a civil engineering firm?
- What are some of the risks in starting your own business?
- How do you bring in new business when starting and growing a civil engineering firm?
- Talk to us about the process of hiring engineering staff?