In this episode, we talk to Ben Haugen, Director of Business Development for Remote Sensing at GeoStabilization International, about geohazard monitoring and mitigation, how it benefits the community, and some of the things that engineers can do to prioritize the mitigation of geohazards.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Ben:
- What is geohazards monitoring and mitigation, and why is it important in engineering?
- What are some of the main causes of geohazards?
- In what way does geohazard monitoring benefit the community?
- What are some of the types of geospatial data that are collected, what collection techniques are used, and how important is it to accurately interpret these critical geospatial data monitors in at-risk areas?
- How can analysis of natural hazards in real time provide a better understanding of risk and preparation for geohazard potentials?
- What are some of the things that engineers can do to prioritize the mitigation of geohazards?
- What advice would you like to give to our young engineers?