In this episode, we dive into digital inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT) with Hamed Layssi, PEng, Ph.D., the co-founder of FPrimeC Solutions Inc. We explore digital inspection applications, innovative NDT methods for evaluating concrete structures, and NDT’s role in new construction projects.
***You can view the video version of this episode here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Hamed:
- How has digital inspection revolutionized the field of non-destructive testing (NDT), and what notable advancements have been made in recent years?
- How has the market changed in terms of available products and industry advancements since early 2002?
- Can you provide an overview of innovative non-destructive testing (NDT) methods and concrete inspection techniques, and how they work?
- Can you explain the difference between non-destructive testing (NDT) and traditional inspection, including both digital and non-digital approaches?
- Are there cases in structure inspection where the involvement of a licensed engineer is essential, while other tasks can be performed by skilled technicians who do not require licensing, similar to the distinction between medical technicians and doctors?
- Can you provide insights on the applications of non-destructive testing (NDT) in new construction and how it is utilized in that context?
- Are there core principles of NDT that can be universally applied regardless of whether it’s for new construction or inspection of existing assets?
- Is the key to the successful implementation of NDT more reliant on the engineer’s use and interpretation of the technology rather than the technology itself?
- How can the presentation of NDT data be improved to enhance understanding for laypeople and asset owners?
- What upcoming developments or advancements in the NDT field are you particularly enthusiastic about within the next three to five years?