Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, we talk to René Vignos, SE, a structural engineer and Principal with Forell/Elsesser Engineers in San Francisco, about retrofitting historic buildings and how engineers can help preserve and protect historic landmark structures.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask René:
- What interests you about working on projects that preserve historic structures?
- What are the first steps you take when you start one of these projects?
- What are some of the challenges with retrofitting historic buildings in seismic zones?
- Why and how have you used base isolation technology to retrofit historic buildings?
- What have been some of the challenges in using this technology in a historic building?
- What challenges did you face in retrofitting Memorial Stadium at UC Berkeley and how did you overcome those challenges?
- What are some of the things engineers can do to help preserve and protect historical sites?
- Do you have any advice for young engineers starting in their careers?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About How Engineers Can Help Preserve and Protect Historic Landmark Structures:
[Read more…] about TSEC 80: How Engineers Can Help Preserve and Protect Historic Landmark Structures