In this episode, I talk to Ann Tomalavage, PE, PMP, LEED AP, a licensed professional engineer who has spent the last 20+ years training engineering professionals on how to become great project managers. Ann talks about some of the key points to becoming a successful project manager, and she also discusses the role of project management in consulting engineering.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Ann Tomalavage:
- How did you get into project management training and how did you become so interested and passionate about the topic of project management?
- What differences could an engineer expect when transitioning from a project engineer to a project manager role?
- What made you decide to start a project management training course?
- You recently talked at an ACEC event on project management; could you tell us about it and the feedback that you received from the audience?
- What would you say is one of the biggest challenges for engineers in terms of making the transition to project management?