In episode 026 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, Chris Knutson, PE interviews a successful attorney and mediator, Ken Strongman on the basics of mediation and dives in on a couple of items associated with preparation for mediation and what to expect during the mediation process as an engineer.
Here are some of the questions asked in this episode:
- What is mediation
- How many parties can participate in mediation
- What does the environment look like in a mediation
- Who chooses the mediator
- What are the qualities of a good mediator
Quotes to think about:
Here are some key points discussed in this episode about How to Resolve Conflict In Civil Engineering Projects Through Mediation:
- Mediation is the process of resolving conflicts.
- Almost all professional service contracts have clauses for mediation