In this episode, I talk to Mike Lozanoff. P.E., owner at Lozanoff Consulting Services, LLC about invoicing in engineering firms, write-offs, and how these two actions can affect the project profitability of a consulting engineering firm.
In episode 51 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview June R. Jewell, CPA, a business management consultant to the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry on finding the lost dollars in your Civil Engineering Firm. Some of the points June discusses will immediately help you to enhance your business development skills and increase profits.
Here are some of the questions I asked during the episode:
- Tell us more about losing money on time and materials contracts.
- What is the cost of lost opportunities?
- How does an engineering proposal process bring along lost revenue?
- What impact can estimating processes have on projects?
- How does the cost of low utilization affect revenue and profits?
- How does poor project management lose you money?
- Tell us more about inefficient and non-integrated systems in your business?