Welcome to This Week in Civil Engineering (TWiCE), the first weekly audio and video podcast covering weekly news stories and events related to civil engineering and its sub-disciplines. In this week’s episode we provide you with the latest news in the Civil Engineering industry including talking about research that has been carried out by The Carbon Project revealed the progress made by infrastructure in reducing carbon emissions and how it needs to speed up in the quest for net zero.
In episode 132 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, our seventh episode in our Women in Civil Engineering series, I talk with Pavitra Rammohan, PE. ENV-SP, the Region Manager at DeepRoot. Pavitra talks about renewable energy and specifically about decoupling the water-energy nexus. We also dive into her background as well as her journey from India to the United States.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Pavitra:
- Could you please tell us about your journey from Chennai to Los Angeles?
- Can you tell us more about decoupling the water-energy nexus?
- What is renewable energy?
- Can you talk about the importance of getting stakeholders involved in this process?
- How did you develop such a high confidence level?
- What are Silva Cells?