In episode 086 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with one of our listeners who is facing a difficult civil engineering career decision. He has to decide whether or not to stay in the private consulting sector or to move to a public career path.
Here are some of the questions I ask:
- What discipline of civil engineering are you involved in and how long have you been practicing?
- Are you considering government employment or working with a private contractor who is working for the government?
- Where do you see yourself in your career 10 years from now?
- What makes your work fulfilling?
- What is the current breakdown of your department and what level are you at in at your department?