In this episode, I talk with Nate Fuller, the founding director at Placer Solutions, about the current state of the information ecosystem in construction technology and the need for high-quality and actionable information for professionals.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Nate:
- What is the current state of the information ecosystem?
- Is there a lack of industry expertise influencing the development of this technology, and is this leading to outsiders claiming they can disrupt the entire AEC ecosystem?
- Can you explain why there is a significant need for high-quality, actionable information for both construction professionals and technology providers?
- Does the construction technology sector lack established best practices compared to other trades or professional organizations in the AEC industry?
- How is your company addressing the need for a resource that provides highly actionable and accurate content?
- Why do you think implementing new technologies in the field is often the most challenging part of any rollout in the construction industry?
- How does providing solutions that don’t work add to the workload of already busy individuals?
- How can one balance using cost-effective technologies while maintaining the quality of information provided, considering that high-cost technology may not be within everyone’s budget?
- What final insights or thoughts would you like to share that are related to our discussion or any other topic we haven’t covered yet?