In this episode of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Joey C Wilson II, PE, RLS, President and CEO at Wilson & Associates about the relationship between civil engineering and surveying and discuss some of the latest surveying trends out there, like enhanced drones, LIDAR, and Visual Design Construction (VDC).
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Joey:
- How did you get involved in the company, and ended up where you are today?
- What is the relationship between civil engineering and surveying?
- Why is surveying so incredibly important when it comes to the inspection of high-risk areas?
- How has the drone industry helped civil engineers to complete their work more accurately?
- How important are good ground control points?
- What is VDC (visual design and construction)?
- What is LIDAR in construction?