In this episode, we talk to Andres F. Peralta, MSCE, MBA, P.E., product manager at Tensar International Corporation, about a newly enhanced, free, web-based software called Tensar+, which allows engineers, contractors, and owners to design engineered solutions for a variety of applications.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Andres:
- What is Tensar+ and how was it developed?
- What makes Tensar+ different from other civil engineering design software out there?
- What kind of feedback have you gotten from engineers about the software?
- What is the future of Tensar+ and how can it benefit engineers and engineering firms?
- What final piece of advice would you like to give to our young engineers out there when dealing with uncertainty in their careers?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About Designing Engineered Solutions:
- Tensar’s solutions are backed by extensive research and significant field experience, which means that when you take their designs and solutions and put them into practice, they will perform and be reliable. They have installed more than one billion square yards of geogrid around the world.
- Tensar+ is a free web page design software tool that allows an engineer to design different types of structures.
- Tensar+ relies on complex methods to describe the composite behavior between geogrid and soil particles. It is not only a design tool, but also an education platform that provides on-demand training and tutorials that anybody can use. Once you have completed the training, you will also get professional development hours (PDH).
- The Tensar+ mission is to become the official learning hub for engineers — a location where they can learn to design geogrids and also learn about the benefits that geogrids can bring to their designs, enabling them to make better and informed decisions about them.
- Never stop learning and never stop growing as a professional engineer.
More Details in This Episode…
About the Guest: Andres F. Peralta, MSCE, MBA, P.E.
Andres is a Florida-registered professional engineer who has eight years of experience designing with geosynthetics, mainly for mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) structures and paved and unpaved geogrid stabilized roadways. He graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S. and an M.S. in Civil Engineering and with a master’s in Business Administration. Andres has been with Tensar since 2012 when he started as an intern, and he has held multiple roles within the company, both technical and commercial. Andres resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL, where he is an active member of the ASCE and the Geo-Institute Miami-Dade Chapters.
About the Host: Jared M. Green, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE
Jared, originally from southwest Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, graduated from Syracuse University’s College of Engineering in 2001 with a B.S. in Civil Engineering. He later went on to attain his M.S. in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Focus) from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Campaign, in 2002. In 2003, he began working in the New York City office of Langan. He has since become a Principal / Vice President and is one of the owners of this international land development engineering consulting firm. After 15 years at Langan, Jared moved to the Philadelphia office and is one of the geotechnical practice leaders in that office.
Jared is a consultant and team leader who also enjoys mentoring young engineers and first-generation college students. He has been instrumental in increasing the number of pre-college students who are interested in STEAM majors and fields. He strives to make complex engineering topics relatable and understandable to people new to the field and to people who are completely unfamiliar with engineering. Jared and his family currently reside in Flemington, New Jersey. He and his wife have three energetic, inquisitive, and awesome children. You can connect with Jared here.
With Tensar, you can design and build with confidence because we empower you to achieve cost-effective, engineered site solutions. Our industry-leading geogrid technology and other innovative products solve the toughest soil stabilization, earth reinforcement, and site development challenges. Through these innovations, you can create a more resilient future because our technology is backed by decades of research and proven performance. From project start to project completion, we’re not afraid to get our boots dirty. No matter where you are, you can depend on the international Tensar team and our network of distribution partners to provide support and advice. Whether you’re building roadways, retaining walls, railways, or foundations, we are the partner you can depend on. To learn more about Tensar, visit www.tensarcorp.com.
PPI has helped engineers achieve their licensing goals since 1975. Passing the FE and PE exams can open doors to career advancement and new opportunities. Check out PPI’s wide range of prep options, including live online courses, on-demand courses, and digital study tools to help prepare you to pass your licensing exam. Check out PPI today at ppi2pass.com to see all the options available for FE and PE exam prep.
Please leave your comments or questions in the section below on designing engineered solutions.
To your success,
Jared M. Green, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE
Host of The Geotechnical Engineering Podcast