Many things are uncertain as we transition into 2022. COVID-19 is nearly two years old and continues to throw variants at us, which can make planning unpredictable. The Federal Reserve has announced a possible sooner than expected tapering of their bond buying program and interest rates are eventually on the rise. There is no telling what economic climate 2022 will bring. One thing is certain: Your firm needs to develop business as usual. Producing a budget is great, but what about how you are going to actually market and stir up business next year?
business development strategy
In this episode, we talk to Ricky McLain, P.E., SE, who is the Senior Technical Director at Tall Wood, WoodWorks about mass timber in structural engineering — what it is, some of the common pitfalls for mass timber projects, and how structural engineers can play a significant role in setting a mass timber project up for success.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Ricky in This Episode:
- What is mass timber?
- Why is mass timber suddenly so relevant to structures in the United States now?
- How can a structural engineer promote the use of mass timber to their clients?
- What are some of common pitfalls in a mass timber project?
- How can engineers determine what products each manufacturer is producing?
- How can structural engineers play a significant role in setting a mass timber project up for success?
- In what ways can an engineer use mass timber as a differentiating opportunity for their business development strategy?