For many engineers, a face-to-face performance review is the most stressful work conversation they’ll have all year, and for managers, the discussion can be just as tense. In this week’s episode of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I provide practical tips on how engineers and managers can prepare for and get the most out of their annual performance reviews.
Civil Engineering Professional
In episode 117 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I visit with Tracy Bratton, PE. who is the Land Development Division Manager at Doucet & Associates, based in Austin Texas. We talk about the importance of staying calm, cool, and collected as a civil engineering professional. We also talk about the role that sound technical experience plays in an engineer’s confidence level as well as the ability to manage projects.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Tracy:
- Tell us about your career journey.
- Tell us about the time you spend in Venezuela.
- When you started working in Land Development, was it something that you initially liked doing?
- Talk about the importance of having sound technical knowledge in your field in order to become a successful manager.
- What are some of the things you learned about managing teams in different locations?