In this episode of The Civil Engineering Podcast, that is part of our Civil Engineering Entrepreneurs series, I talk to Rene Portieles II, P.E., the Chief Executive Officer of Epic Forensics & Engineering, Inc. about his journey of starting an engineering company and how today, they are building a vision-driven civil engineering company around one very important theme. Stick around until the end to hear some of the great advice Rene gives, not just to grow a company, but also to grow as an engineering professional.
- Tell us more about your family history, and history in contracting and how that has been valuable in what you are doing today?
- What is forensic engineering?
- What does a mission/vision statement mean to you in terms of growing a civil engineering firm, and how do you utilize it at Epic Forensics & Engineering?
- How do you share your mission/vision with the company?
- How big is Epic Forensics & Engineering?
- What are some of the typical problems you see in engineering firms when they are trying to grow or scale a company?
- How do you find, develop, and retain the right people in your firm?
- What advice can you give civil engineers out there who are trying to grow their companies?