In this episode of The Engineering Career Coach Podcast, our third episode in a new series on the key drivers of successful engineering managers, we talk to Joe Quattrochi, P.E., Director of Quality at The Walsh Group’s Heavy Civil Quality Program. Joe talks about the importance of supporting your engineering team members in their career growth and development. You can also view this episode on our YouTube channel.
In episode 106 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Bob Kelleher who is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, and consultant. We talk about the importance of employee engagement and Bob also provides some great tips on having empathy in the workplace, and how by doing so, you can help with the overall success of your engineering organization.
Here are some of the questions I ask Bob:
- What is your definition of engagement?
- Why do you need to engage the WHOLE person?
- How do you utilize empathy?
- Talk about this idea of selecting and developing the first line leader?
- Tell us about the challenge of engagement and the different generations?