Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Welcome to This Week in Civil Engineering (TWiCE), the first weekly audio and video podcast covering weekly news stories and events related to civil engineering and its sub-disciplines.
In this week’s episode we provide you with the latest news in the Civil Engineering industry including how the University of Nebraska–Lincoln engineer Shannon Bartelt-Hunt and a small team of graduate students and building systems personnel can be found every Thursday morning at various campus sites, lifting manhole covers and collecting sewage samples in search of COVID-19..
Breaking News in Civil Engineering:
- Bartelt-Hunt searching sewage for COVID-19
From: Deann Gayman | news.unl.edu
- Malfunction Junction’ interchange makeover gets final go-ahead to start next summer
From: Adam Benson | postandcourier.com
National News in Civil Engineering:
- Maryland City Developing a ‘Living Shoreline’ With a Boat Ramp, Kayak Launch on Water Street Lots
From: David Anderson | baltimoresun.com
- New Oregon Inlet bridge to get ‘behavior’ test with billions of laser points
From: Jeff Hampton| pilotonline.com
International News in Civil Engineering:
- ‘Inspirational’ engineering projects take top honors at ICE South West Awards
From: Lidia Pearce | ice.org.uk
- Everton submits modified plans over its new stadium
- Federal Aviation Administration Announces More Airport Infrastructure Grants
From: Jordan Green | airlinegeeks.com
- Federal Highway Administration initiates transportation innovation support
From: Douglas Clark | transportationtodaynews.com
Career Inspiration of the Week:
On your next journey out to work, school, or even just on day out with family, have a look around you and you will notice how important Civil Engineering is to our daily lives.
Quote of the Week:
“We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us” ~ Winston Churchill
About the Host:
Danny Luu MEng (Hons) CEng MICE is a Chartered Civil Engineer from London with over 20 years experience in highways and infrastructure and has worked on large high-profile schemes such as London 2012 and Southall Waterside. He graduated from the University of Bristol in2000 with a M Eng in Civil Engineering. He is the founder of www.civilengineeringmentor.com, supporting graduates in pursuing a professional qualification with the Institution of Civil Engineers, and is also a Professional Reviewer with the ICE. Outside of work, Danny is a keen runner and is slowly getting back to spinning tunes on his decks (after a 15 year hiatus!).
This Week in Civil Engineering is published by the Engineering Management Institute and is part of EMI’s Civil Engineering Media & Entertainment Network.
Please leave your feedback or comment about the show by clicking here.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, P.E., LEED AP
Engineering Management Institute
Author of Engineer Your Own Success