In this episode, I talk to Keith Hall, P.E., PTOE, LEED-AP, the Principal Associate and Traffic Engineering Department Manager with Colliers Engineering & Design about how civil engineering firms can encourage and support employee career advancement at their firms.
In this episode, that is part of our Women in Civil Engineering (WICE) series, I talk to Eva Lantsoght, Ph.D., a Full Professor at San Francisco de Quito & Assistant Professor at the Delft University of Technology. We talk about civil engineering education and how it differs throughout several countries. Eva also touches on the impact of COVID-19 on education and provides some advice for engineers considering pursuing their studies and a Ph.D. later in their careers.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Eva:
In this episode of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk to Jason Dunn PE, PMP, Vice President at BRPH, who serves as the VP of Project Management as well as Chief Risk Officer (CRO). Jason talks about everything you need to know about obtaining the PMP certification, and tells us how getting his Project Management Professional (PMP) certification has impacted his career.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Jason Dunn:
- What are your responsibilities as a Chief Risk Officer?
- With all the risks in construction, construction litigation, and cybersecurity, is it correct to say that you have a lot on your plate as CRO?
- With your previous experiences and what you can give to the company, it must be exciting as a professional?
- What made you interested in acquiring a PMP certification?
- Did you prepare for the PMP test before you did the four-day review course?
- What is the actual PMP exam like and can you tell us more about it?
- How has your PMP certification impacted you in your engineering career and how you approach things?
- At what point in a firm’s timeline do you develop your project management guidelines?
- What advice can you give to a civil engineer who is thinking of getting a PMP certification?
Here Are Some Key Points Discussed in This Episode About BRPH and How a PMP Certification Can Impact Your Career:
In episode 42 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I will talk about the power and responsibility that comes with having your P.E. license (professional engineering license).
Quotes to think about:
In episode 16 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Mauricio Lara, PMP, MBA, PE, a Lead Engineer with over 15 years of experience as a leader and key contributor, including an extensive private and public sector background. He has been a key player in capital improvement plans and programs, large infrastructure projects, and program control systems, for water-wastewater, and civil infrastructure projects.