Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode of The Structural Engineering Channel Podcast, we talk to Sharon Gallant PE, SE, managing principal at KPFF Consulting Engineers. Sharon talks about blast protection and shares some interesting insights about active shooter and hostile vehicle mitigation related to structural engineering design.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Sharon in This Episode:
- Could you give our listeners an idea about your career journey to date and what you focus on today as a structural engineer?
- Can you tell us about your involvement in the ASCE SEI Structures Congress?
- Can you tell us about the history of blast engineering?
- How have you seen the threat of terrorism most impact the job of structural engineers?
- What type of people would benefit the most from going to the panel you are presenting at the Congress?
- Can you give us a sneak peek into the session entitled Active Shooter Mitigation: Ballistic Hardening and Other Ideas, which you will be presenting at the SEI Congress?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About Blast Protection and Active Shooter Mitigation in Structural Engineering:
[Read more…] about TSEC 18: Blast Protection and Active Shooter Mitigation in Structural Engineering