Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode of The Structural Engineering Podcast, we talk to Maria Eugenia Chumbita, P.E., Vice President of CoreBrace, about the use of buckling restrained braces (BRB) in structural engineering, what they are, how they work, and the process involved in going from the design to the construction phase of projects. Maria also talks about the importance of communication and human connection and how that can improve the productivity of your team.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Maria in This Episode:
- What are buckling restrained braces are and how do they work?
- What are some of the requirements for designing with buckling restrained braces?
- Can you please explain the process involved in going from the design to the bidding to the construction phase of projects?
- How important do you deem personal development and human connection in the design world?
- What are some of the lessons you learned from past projects you’ve worked on?
- What piece of final advice can you give young engineering students who are considering a career like yours?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About Buckling Restrained Braces:
[Read more…] about TSEC 63: Buckling Restrained Braces in Structural Engineering