In this episode, we talk to Dr. Nehemiah Mabry, P.E., an engineer, educator, and entrepreneur based in Raleigh, North Carolina, about his career, his involvement in STEM education, and the inspirational STEM content for students and educators that he puts out there.
In this episode, I talk to Tiffani Teachey, a senior mechanical engineer and international best-selling author about STEM, and the importance of becoming involved in STEM, especially as a young girl. She talks about the books she has authored and how she uses that accomplishment to shape our future generations by encouraging girls to become more involved in STEM.
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About STEM:
In episode 121 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I will be bringing you with me to visit with William T. Thomsen, PE, who is the President and CEO of Urban Engineers of New York, DPC. We will be talking about his career journey and what has factored into his success and progression from engineer to Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He’ll also talk about how his Engineering Management degree has helped him in his career.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Bill Thomsen, PE:
- Take us through your career progression from engineer to CEO?
- At what point in your career did you become part of the executive leadership team?
- What does it take to manage large scale projects like the ones you have managed?
- Your father was the President of a construction company, how did his career influence your career?
- You have a degree in Engineering Management, how has that degree helped you?
- What worries you about the Civil Engineering industry right now?
- Is it possible to have work-life balance as an engineering executive?