Here Are Your 2023 Goal Setting Tips:
1. Ask Your Leaders to Set 90-Day Goals
- While you can still ask your division and team leaders to have annual goals for 2023, also ask them to break down their goals into quarterly or 90-day goals.
- Quarterly goals to support their annual goals might include quarterly revenue goals, or a number of proposals or sales meetings.
2. Assign a Clear End Result to Each Goal
- For each of the goals set, ensure that there is a very clear end point or deliverable that will be obvious once the goal is complete.
- Failure to define these milestones will make it difficult to stay focused on the goal and almost impossible to take step #3 below. The more defined the goal, the easier it will be to take steps to achieve it.
3. Monitor Progress Weekly
- Once your team has set quarterly or 90-day goals, with clear deliverables, be sure to monitor them regularly, weekly if possible.
- This could be as simple as you opening a document with your team members’ goals at the beginning or end of your weekly team meeting and just asking if everyone is on track with their goals.
More Details in this Episode
Contact the Engineering Management Institute
The Project Management Accelerator™ (PMA) – PM Skills Course
The Engineering Leadership Accelerator™ (ELA I) – People Skills Course
The Seller Doer Accelerator™ (SDA) – Business Development Skills Course
A Challenging Goal for 2023: Give | Guide | Grow
Please leave your comments or questions in the section below on any 2023 goal setting strategies that you use to set your team up for success.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
Engineering Management Institute
Author of Engineer Your Own Success